*

The house is currently full of baby-related crafts. Seriously, I have about four projects on the go and a whole host of booties ready to toast those teeny feet in the middle of winter. And with everything I make, it all becomes more real.

This afternoon my Mum and I got started on a quilt we chose the fabrics for last week. B and I bought her quilt-making tools for Christmas and she wanted to finally put them to use. This bub is going to have handmade pieces galore, with Mum already finishing an olive green cardigan and starting on some knitted leggings, and my Grandma apparently knitting away on something too. Pretty impressive (and awesome) considering they all only found out about this little one two weeks ago.


I’m also pretty excited about a crochet blanket my Great, Great Nanny knitted for my Nan that is apparently resting in the attic somewhere. I’ve never heard or seen of such a thing, but it was apparently used for my Great Nan, Nan and Mum. I’m hoping it might get resurrected for the next generation too and I can get my hands on it for the bub.