*

Bump Day. 21 weeks (+ 2 days) down.



We had a Bank Holiday here in the UK this week and it’s thrown us rather. Still, one day closer to the weekend, which is always fine with me. It’s grey and cold here right now, so pictures of me being lazy (and yawning) in bed are all you’re gonna get this week but I’ll try and be more imaginative next time. Promise.



Week 21 was a bit of a mental one in terms of baby development. After the first real kick last Sunday, the bub has got stronger every day and barely an hour or two goes by without a little somersault session occurring in my belly. I’m loving every movement. Even at 5.30am this morning when those kicks kept me awake for an hour, I was smiling away in the darkness.



Note to self: Iron t-shirt next time.



ps. Have you read this? If you haven’t go do it now. Especially if you’re expecting your own bub. The most beautiful and inspiring birth story I’ve read so far. And armed as I have been with my copy of Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth for the last month, I’ve read a few.