ROW THE BOAT: songs to move to


I could write a whole post on how important music is in this house, but I'll save that for another time. Because today I want to talk about the songs you sing to your kiddos. I need some inspiration.

Right now Josephine's favourite tune is Row, Row, Row the Boat. I must sing it thirty times a day. And over the weekend Phiney began to sing it back to me. It's amazing to hear and so cute to see her rocking with her doll Jenny or one of her teddies.

It's all about songs with actions for Josephine. The Wheels on the Bus, Head Shoulders Knees and Toes, Incy Wincy Spider are all sung round here, but we're getting a little bored of these old favourites. So, I'd love to hear the tunes being rocked in your house. And I'm sure Phiney would appreciate it too. I'm not sure she's too keen on listening to me make up new verses anymore...

ps. apologies for my singing!
pps. now I've worked out how to use Vimeo, go check out this adorable video of Josephine saying 'hello' if you haven't already. I know a lot of you had trouble viewing it when I uploaded it using Blogger :)