*

Some weeks are full of good things and some full of bad (well, a bit poo at least). This week was a mixed bag.

Bad things this week:
  • Our four month old washing machine broke.
  • The engineer isn't calling me until Monday to book a time to come look at it, so who knows when it will be fixed.
  • The washing basket lid no longer fits, it's bulging that much.
  • My lovely work colleague who was unselfishly giving me lifts home from work, and saving me a second half hour trek a day, has been off ill all week and I actually pulled my leg muscles from all the walking.
  • On Tuesday I slipped on a paving slab in the rain and pulled my back horribly. Rain sucks.
Good things this week (because it's always better to end on a positive note):
  • My Mum has a washing machine and is a part-time launderette in her spare time. For my sister mostly, but now also for us. Thanks Mum!
  • No washing = no ironing. Always a silver lining, right
  • The Baby's library is starting to grow, with the addition of this book.
  • Our local junk shop is a treasure trove complete with chest of drawers for the nursery (£5) and Ercol dining chairs (£4 each.)
  • Tomorrow we head to the circus with those little nephews of ours. They should feel quite at home with some crazy clowns.
  • Our eBay score of the month (an Ergo baby carrier, used once, bought for the grand sum of £50) arrived yesterday. B pranced about (no joke) with it on for ages. And then we got all sentimental about when the time comes that our little one is snoozing in there.
  • The Belly continues to grow and kick and bring plenty of smiles.
And that's all we need really. That makes it a good week.