*

On Wednesday 18th January, as the winter sun shone through the windows, Jospehine Grace Mallia was born. From the moment she started her journey to meet us, and I felt my first contraction, I knew she was a girl. And when this tiny creature was placed on my chest, with her head of the darkest brown hair, our hearts burst with happiness.

The last ten days have been the most surreal of my life. Our beautiful daughter is the sweetest girl and the days have blurred into eachother, as we've spent the hours staring at her in awe.

We're slowly heading back into the real world now so expect more posts and heaps of pictures of our divine little one. Plus I'd love to share our birth story...it's very long...and also our breastfeeding story; it's certainly been more complicated than I had ever anticipated and is still an ongoing saga that we're taking a day at a time.

Thank you for all your comments on the nursery, and the lovely good wishes you've sent too. We can't wait to share our first steps as parents here and show off our newest family member as she grows xx