*

Finally getting round to posting some of my beautiful Christmas presents; this year I really scored, with pieces from lovely shops and designers.

It's not hard to work out what my two favourite colours are right now, although I have to admit it wasn't until I gathered everything to take these pictures that I realised to what extent. And the blue velvet cushion? I bought the makings for that with some Christmas money after this lady inspired me with these beauties. I would have chosen it in green or pink (I'm also loving a bit of neon right now) but the fabric shop near us is hardly velvet central. The blue looks pretty rockin' on our bed though I have to say, and I'm pleased with my first attempt at a round cushion.

The Boy did especially well with my awesome Donna Wilson cushion and Scandinavian style wooden bird, but my favourite present has to be Rob Ryan's A Sky Full of Kindness. I read it on Christmas Day morning as we lazed around in bed and it's the most beautiful story. I am thankful everyday that I have Ben, now more than ever, and can never quite believe that I lucked out in finding him. A girl has to treasure a boy whose present choices are so spot on.

AND still to come ... a few Paumes books and the new Milk Decoration from this newly discovered and absolutely brilliant online store, courtesy of my Mum. I like to spread the receiving of gifts out a bit!