The city we live in is an awesome place. Filled with insanely cool boutiques down cobbled side streets. One of our favourite tiny shopping streets is Margaret Buildings, about 30 seconds away from our flat. There's a tasty Italian bistro, a couple of fancy clothes stores, a shop packed with very sparkly vintage jewellery and a launderette. Wait, scrap that last one, it doesn't really sell the place, does it? Plus a new vintage store is in the midst of opening.

Ben and I walk down this little street a least once a week. Annoyingly it's always after closing time. There's been one shop in particular i've been dying to pop into ever since it opened and that's Hansel und Gretel. Selling authentic alpine pieces, this is a shop that rocks and after I managed to finish work a bit early this afternoon I knew exactly where I was heading.

Firstly it has an all-year-round Christmas section downstairs. So that instantly won me over. And a strudel bar. Cool, eh. Plus it sells the softest Alpaca wool in the most fantastic colours and some pretty fancy knitting needles too. Oh man. This is the perfect shop for me and my new favourite. I bought my grandparents this insane decoration depicting the nativity as part of their Christmas present and a crazy vintage 1950s car decoration for my Dad, who used to own one just like it. An actual full-size one I mean. And I got another little anniversary present for B. I love how unique everything was, how amazing this shop looks inside and how darn reasonable it is to boot.


Then I headed to our favourite local deli for a couple of slices of yummy ham, a mini ham and chicken pie (B loves those pies) and a bottle of vintage cider for that coolio husband of mine. Some goodly Friday finds me thinks.


Hope you manage to get your hands on some equally tasty treats this weekend lovely people xxx