*

Umm, how is it Friday already? Crazy times.

Things to smile about this week:

1. Decorating our house for Christmas this weekend. I’ll post some pictures next week of our vintage decorations. They were a genius find on eBay about 3 years ago. Tomorrow we’re putting up the paper chains (a tricky task when your ceilings are about 10 feet tall) so tonight I’m getting busy with the paper cutter and stapler. Bring it on.

2. My vintage tablecloth. B hates it. I love it. But if everyone thought the same, the world would be pretty boring. As a compromise I’ve told B that I’ll only use it when he’s not in the house. Yeah right.

3. Talking with my nephews on the phone this afternoon. Tyler told me that he went ice skating today and that he was doing a solo song and dance in his nativity play next week. I know for certain these are rather major exaggerations of the truth, but I’m loving his story telling skills. Coby got over excited telling me about his walk in the snow and eating the chocolates from his advent calendar.

4. This little wooden box from a charity shop. I also scored another amazing find, but that’s for a certain boy for Christmas so will remain a secret for now.

5. There’s only 11 more days to go until I can finally order my new camera. A Canon 500D. I’m too friggin’ excited.