*

The last couple of days have been blissfully autumnal, with blue skies and plummeting temperatures (coldest October since 1993 according to the weather girl this morning). The hats, scarves and gloves are now must-haves, which can only mean one thing. Christmas is a-coming. Eeek. This prompted a flourish of knitting activity over the weekend and I’ve come up with some new designs, which I’m really pleased with. One of these designs will be featuring in my little business, so you’ll have to wait a bit to see it. I enlisted the opinion of lovely Jaclyn with one of my ideas for little gifts though and now all her coins have found a new, snugly home.

The weekend was very lazy in an attempt to get better quicker. Annoyingly it hasn’t worked and I’m feeling worse again today. Sorry B for keeping you awake with coughing fits. After a little walk yesterday though, and after taking my new connies for a spin, I caught some very pretty leaves glistening in the last of the sunshine which certainly cheered me up. The trees outside our house are very old and impressive and I’m pretty sure the entangled branches house some magical creatures. Oh, like the Minpins. Roald Dahl anyone?


ps. the new brogues had to go back to the shop today. Here’s a tip for you. Don’t try on shoes you plan to wear with tights with crazy thick socks. Turned out they were at least a size too big and maybe three inches too wide. Blast. The hunt for black brogues continues.